Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Knowledge of Aisha (radhiAllahu ‘anha)

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
From Hisham bin Urwah, narrating from his father (Urwah) who said,

“I accompanied Aa’ishah (radiallaahu anhaa) [taking knowledge from her] until I said before her death by four or five years, ‘If she died today, I would not have been remorseful over anything that I missed from her (regarding knowledge) [due to having acquired an abundance of it already], for I did not see anyone more knowledgeable of a verse that was revealed, nor an obligation, nor a Sunnah, and I do not know of anyone more knowledgeable of poetry and its transmission, and nor of a day of the days of [of the history] of the Arabs, and nor of lineage and nor of such and and such and nor of judgements and nor of medicinal treatment than her.
So I said to her, ‘O Mother, where did you learn medicine?’
She said, ‘When I used to be ill, something would be prescribed for me, and a person would become ill and would be prescribed something and it would benefit and I would hear the people prescribing for each other, and I would memorize it all.’”
[Source: Imaam Ahmad in al-Musnad (6/67), Abu Nu’aym in al-Hilyah (2/49), and al-Haakim in al-Mustadrak (4/11).
And in another narration, from Hisham bin Urwah from his father, who said,
“I have not sat with anyone more knowledgeable of the hadeeth of Allaah’s Messenger (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam), nor of judgements, nor of the days of jaahiliyyah, nor of poetry, and nor more knowledgeable of an obligation nor of medicine than Aa’ishah (radiallaahu anhaa).
So I said to her, ‘Where did you learn medicine?’
She said, ‘I used to hear the people prescribing things for each other, and I would memorize it’.”
~~~ 
May Allah increase us in knowledge, ameen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment